7th Edition of Blackwood/Peebles and back 100 Run - 15/6/14

Dennis

The 7th Edition of Blackwood to Peebles and Back 100 Mile Run will take place on Sunday, 15th June.

This run winds its way from the nooks and crannies of Clydesdale to the scenic beauty of Tweeddale, and will take in several big climbs along the way.

Johnstone Wheelers riders are always welcome to join the Royal Albert lads and lasses and some of you have been involved from the start.

Unusually, this run is not about racing each other. In fact, it’s the opposite. It’s about the group staying together for a 100 miles, with the stronger riders encouraging those who are not so strong; learning to pace oneself over such a long distance; and everyone getting back to Blackwood feeling as fresh as the day they started!

The pace is usually about 15-17mph and riders should try to be fit enough to last the distance at this speed.

We have lunch at the Scots Pine Café near Peebles and return to ‘Morag’s Café’ at Blackwood for the usual laid-on refreshments.

The only charge for the day is lunch at the Scots Pine (and any optional café stop on the way home).

Everyone is most welcome to take part. Please post here if you’re in. Thanks.

Dennis

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Dennis,

Great to hear there is to be another edition of this fine run. Will make every effort to join you this year, youth and junior racing programme permitting.

Funnily enough I was only talking about you organising this run on Thursday, when I met Joe Linden at Al Gow's shop. He sends his regards to you.

Fingers crossed I can get along, and bring some of the young team along to give us all a wheel.

Cheers,

M