apr 9th june - IS IT ON

Following the success of the earlier event held on a howling night at the end of April, last night brought dry, clear weather with a slight headwind on the leg from the Parry Lamp down to the Start.

It was necessary to restrict the number of entrants to 2 on the basis that only Derek McElhinney and myself turned up :-(

First time I've actually ridden this course and really enjoyed it although Derek demonstrated that I've still got some way to go :oops:

For any new riders to the club I'd certainly recommend getting along to Gateside over the next two Thursdays and hopefully the numbers will swell to enable a proper event.

VENUE: GATESIDE CIRCUIT

Gateside is just West of Beith on the B777. You can usually park at or near the church / village hall. Start line is further out this road (ie away from Beith): you will notice a road heading off on your right with a notice about a whisky bond. Start is about 100 yards along this road. Route is along this unclassified road past the whisky bond until you reach the A736 (Barrhead - Irvine road); turn left (careful here - the A736 can be busy) straight until you reach Lugton and turn left at the Paraffin Lamp (pub) which brings you onto the B777 heading back to Beith and turn left again to cross start line. Lap distance about 6 miles. Race distance just over 4 laps (finishing at top of hill at whisky bond).

Kenny

rode down to gateside, went round in circles but could not see anyone there? claire sent off later and ended up at the parafin lamp - at least she seems to have been on the course at somepoint - she spotted two cyclists in johnstone wheelers colours ? . maybe next week i will discover the start line - doooooh

VENUE: GATESIDE CIRCUIT

Gateside is just West of Beith on the B777.

Kenny

I made this mistake on the original post - Gateside is just East of Beith on the B777. Should be there next Thursday. If we arrange to meet at the village hall in Gateside (it's obvious - honest) then we could all ride to the start line together. I'll post a meet time / start time before Thursday.

Cheers

Stephen H

Dave,

We arrived about 6:45 rode out round the course for a warm up then turned back past the start at 7:15pm and headed back to Gateside, left one of my club jerseys hanging against the window on the inside of my car outside the Gateside Inn and then headed back to the start for about 7:25.

We did see one girl on a bike in the opposite direction as we turned at the Paraffin Lamp on one of the laps. My apologies if it was Claire but to be honest I thought it was too tall for Claire who I think I have met once a few weeks ago on a Sunday run.

If you had went a bit harder you might have caught us as you went round in circles ;-)