30 Milers, 4th August

Ken Mac

Hello. I've been cycling for a couple of years and am looking to find more people to cycle with. I usually average about 12 mph for example on Lochwinnoch, Largs, Port Glasgow circuit so hoping I could keep up on a 30 miler run. Never been part of a cycling club before though, so not familiar with the form. Can I just sign up for this Sunday’s run?

Maybe if you smother yourself in goose fat that will help keep the rain out (helps stop chafing as well I suspect) lol. I feel it maybe wrong to suggest a man I have never met greases himself up but never mind. Looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow! Any of you passing through BoW on route to the club house tomorrow?

Ken thanks for the route today i was actually having fun but due to the accident the time went by so fast and i had things to do so sorry for peeling off early

Chris sent me a message he also has broken his thumb and is getting pins put in on Wednesday but i think he is happy to be off his work for a week lol

could have been so much worse and hopefully he will be back out with us sooner rather than later

Bunch of 13 left clubrooms great turnout with about 5 newbies well done to them

Greig

Ian glad to hear it's "only" a broken thumb which considering the fact you flew about 20 feet in the air over barbed wire is good going. Hopefully the bike isn't damaged other than the wheels. Look after yourself and hope to see you back out in the near future. I am going to start the piss taking before Greig does by suggesting you should maybe consider the Johnstone Jets.