Track 29th May and 19th June

P McDonald

Speaking to Janette today, she said you can do both sprint and vet races, the vet races will be in between the sprint sets when they sort the draws for the next round. Priority will be given to the oldest first, so you'll be okay for a race Billy :)

Ok, so entered for the British Masters B category in everything but the Scratch.

Also signed up for Ivor's sessions at SCHV, have enjoyed his coaching before in weekend at at Manchester. All good motivation for the next few weeks training (he says with glass of red in hand)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Al

Finally got round to checking this out. I am in Spain during British Masters !

So you can be guinea pig and report back on whether the Europeans might be a goer :)

Meantime, look forward to JWCC/Jets world domination of the B group with me, you, points man Alan and of course lightning Lewis

Ohyadancer!

• Committee

Alan, Paul, Lewis and I had an exciting night with a combination of sprints and endurance events for the older riders. The twenty lap scratch was handicapped with some riders getting three free laps so the pace was mental as the younger vets tried to lap the field and avoid a whitewash. I found the 10 lap hares and hounds race even fiercer as the 30 somethings tried (unsuccessfully) to hunt down the 40 somethings. This ended up an eight man TT at warp speed.

my first attempt at sprints was interesting and I will go back for more. Seeding by flying 200m was very fair and ensured very close racing.

Highly recommended.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'll second that Alan, the combination of sprints and endurance was very hard work. The endurance races were of the shorter, 20, 10 and 15 lap variety and effectively became a last man standing job. I found the 20 lap scratch harder than sprint intervals!

:)