Sun 17th - Intermediates

Richie Cross

Hi folks,

Don't have a route or anything planned but it's just to let fellow intermediate pace type riders that there's something on in case they were looking and only saw Main Bunch rides on the go.

John and I will come along from Kilbirnie, Boyd looked like be was after a run and I'm waiting to hear from Chung.

Route ideas welcome :)

9am meeting at Miller Street, meeting a couple of others in Howwood

Bowfield climb - heading out to Lugton, Stewarton, Kilmuirs, Fenwick, A77, left to Black Loch climb before Mearns onto old Stewarton road then over the moors to Neilston, climb up to back of the Braes then home. Circa 50ish miles I guess from clubroom.

Like the main bunch run but it's not...tagging along on some else's suggested route :)

5 left Miller St...me, Chung, Boyd, Peter and, er, ..sorry..someone will fill in the blank!

Had planned to meet Stevie from Paisley Velo in Howwood but he phoned Chung to say he had double punctured!

At this point Peter realised he also had a slow puncture. Fixed at the top of the Bowfield and off we went.

The other chap peeled off near the Canny Man(?)...down to 4...and we heading to Stewarton where Boyd peeled off as he's

been a bit under the weather...down to 3!

Somewhere along the lines, Peter got puncture number 2 then off we went into the wind, rain and hail along the A77..is that Fenwick?.

Further along Peter got puncture number 3!!! He opted to phone his wife for a lift rather than use our last inner tubes and then there were 2!!

Chung towed me along because I was having a bad day at the office. For some reason my legs were pretty burst on the uphills after only 35 miles! Made for a long 25 home!

Glad to be home and showered.

Looking at the Milan - San Remo weather and now thinking our day wasn't too bad after all!!!

:)

thanks to boyd for giving us the old bit o tyre today as ritchie and i arrived rarin to go only for maself to see an nice wee bubble peaking out the tyre laughin its head off at me,anyway it got me back home to kilb,thanks to the rest o the guys for there concern but am afraid there aint much u can do,got masel straight up to evens for an new set o bontragers,very dissapointed with the gator skins as had them b4 and hardly puntured but that was a few years ago so there obviously no up to the sh--e ayrshire roads, mibe shd o got mountain bike tyres,hope to c use nxt wk cheers j

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry I had to bail out at Stewarton. Just did not have any legs today. Actually stopped in Stewarton to check that the wheels were spinning freely - and they were, so no excuses - just one of these off days. From Stewarton, I pushed on up to Newton Mearns to get some hard work in at my own pace and then an easy run down into Glasgow and back to Paisley along Paisley Road West before the rain got too heavy.