Also Saturday 9th March

Iain Cowden

Looks like being a cold and very windy morning, but I am up for some more steady miles as in previous weeks, perhaps 30-40 from the clubrooms. That way anyone who feels like giving the Restricted Gear TT a go on Sunday should feeel Ok.

Anyway, 9.30 as usual at Miller St - company very welcome.

Thanks

Iain

Excellent Richie! Fine Chung - say 8.50am again? Looks like a strong tailwind on the way over.

Open to suggestions route wise in the morning. I'd thought perhaps out Glengarnock/Highfield way towards Kilwinning,then maybe round Cunninghamehead, Kilmaurs, Stewarton (optional farm cafe stop) then back via Greenacres or Uplawmoor & Peesweep.

See what folk think in the morning .

Iain

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Folks,

Looks like I'll be having a cycling free weekend off! :(

Got workmen in doing a bathroom tomorrow and a christening on Sunday.

Turbo tonight, Turbo while bathroom being done.

Cycle to-from christening.

That's what Phillipe Gilbert would do.

Another fine run out in great company - even if the weather refused to play along, making it cold and at times quite wet in the freshening wind!

Seven of us left Miller St; Mary, Andrew, Bill, Chung, Colin, Ian McG and me - all completed the run - 71 miles for us, so just under 50 to/from the clubrooms.

We went out the track to Glengarnock, up thru' Highfield on Route 7 (passing Davie B emerging from the Barrmill Circuit), from there across to the White Road, right towards Kilwinning before cutting off left, crossing the main Kilwinning road over to Torranyard via Benslie, then Cunninghamehead, Kilmaurs, Fenwick, the Clunch Road (after which Colin had a puncture) then down the good descent to Stewarton. Much needed farm cafe stop thereafter to warm up & re-fuel, then back to Jonstone via Greenacres/Bowfield.

Thanks to everyone for turning out today and over the past 10 weeks or so. It has been fun and has given us some much needed good base/early season road miles.

I hope to be time trialling fairly regularly from next week, so my availability for a week-end run will be a bit sporadic. Chung has kindly offered to post in future weeks, initially I think for a Saturday run, and see how thing go from there. I will join in whenever I can,

So, thanks again folks - enjoy your cycling!

Iain

• Life Members

A good run indeed!

Apologies to Iain regarding next Saturday, upon checking with the Mrs. It seems like I've got child minding duties for next Saturday. So, I'm afraid I cannot make it out for a run. Therefore, can someone please take up the initiative! Andrew? Bill?

Sorry folks!

Thanks to Iain for posting & everyone that turned up. It's good to see Colin back on the bike regularly again!

Cheers

Chung