Sunday 27th

Elaine Muirhead

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi all,

Plannig a return to club riding this Sunday!! I have read some of the posts of late but was still a little unsure as to the format of the 30 milers. Is it just one big group going on the 54 mile social ride? As I want to be able to walk on Monday, 50 miles might be bit too much for me on my first week back! Happy to join the ride and nip off early if that is ok, or, is anyone going out for a shorter ride?

Looking forward to catching up

Elaine

Hi Elaine

I was just about to post something and you beat me to it....Bill's shoulder injury, weather and other factors mean the rough plan we drafted a few weeks ago is proving to be just that - rough!

I was going to suggest a variation on this route:

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1065344

...clockwise, i.e. the hilly bit first. It's 45 miles but I might add in one or two extra loops to bring it up to about 50. If you're not feeling up to that sort of distance, Stewarton would be a convenient place to bail out - if you did that and came back to Johnstone your round-trip distance would be about 30-odd miles I think.

Thanks

Tony

PS The B769 has just been resurfaced, I rode it last Saturday - excellent road - long gentle descent almost all the way from Malletsheugh to Stewarton.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hey guys,

Thanks for organising the route Tony and thanks to all for great chat. Bailout option worked really well for me. 36 miles in total which was perfect for my first venture this year. Was great to get back out on the bike and I realised how much I had missed it :grin:

Hopefully i'll be joining you for the full route soon enough (maybe not the 100milers!!!).

E