Rivers Lochs and Glens - 29THK APRIL

ALL

WHO IS UP FOR THIS IT ON OUR DOORSTEP AND WHAT A RUN.

I WILL BE RIDING TO THE START AND BACK.

CAMPBELL Oh ya dancer !

Rivers Lochs and Glens 200km

SEE LINK - http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/12-169/

Distance: 200 km

Date: Sunday 29th April 2012

Time: 08:00

Starting from: Gourock

Fee: £8.50 ( £8.50 when paying via PayPal. )

Closing date:24 Apr 2012

Sunrises: 05:41 BST

Sunsets: 20:54 BST

Organiser: Robert Mccready

Body: Inverclyde Velo

Address:

4 Mccallum Crescent

Gourock

Scotland

PA19 1PY

• 3 weeks later...

CHUNG

LETS HOPE AS YOU SAY THE WEATHER IS GOOD IT ALWAYS MAKES FOR A NICER RIDE, IT’S A REALLY NICE RUN I HAVE DONE IT A FEW TIMES. ROBERT WAS SAYING THAT HE HAS 52 PEOPLE ENTERED SO IT SHOULD BE A FARE GROUP AT THE START BEFORE IT BREAKS UP SEE YOU THERE AND I WILL SEE IF I CAN KEEP UP WITH YOU FAST CYCLISTS. Oh ya dancer !

CAMPBELL

• Life Members

That's great Campbell!

I think we're looking for a long steady run on a lovely route with a few cafe stops of course.

Not looking to break any land speed record, so would be great to cycle in a wee bunch! ;-)

Regards

• Life Members

Boyd,

That's great!

Being an early start & in Gourock, we'll be driving to the start too.

We'll look out for each other at the start & try and get a wee bunch together.

See you on Sunday.

Regards

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Big thanks to Richie and Chung for hauling me round as far as Strachur today. Great pacemaking from Chung down Loch Fyne. He's obviously in pretty good shape. Hope Richie survived the rest of the run ok.

Finished with 87 miles on the clock, so a good day's training even if I did bail out. At least I had Alan for company back to Gourock. Back to the intermediates for some recovery next week - I know my place.

Glad you made it back ok Boyd.

Great day indeed...I can say this now it's over!

I made it round....200km/125 miles on the clock! Delighted to have done my first century!

Quite a pace leaving Gourock and a few groups were made. We got into a decent sized group but that spit on the Glen Fruin road and 4 of us went into Arrochar together.

After the cafe stop, and seeing the fine Joansin train going past, we got on the road. Felt really bad and The Rest didn't help but thankfully we had an amazing tailwind after it. Freewheeling at 30mph!

Topped up our bottles at Strachur(?) and Chung and I joined up with Campbell, Dave and Ronnie.

My copious amount of gels etc gave me a 2nd wind and I was feeling ok. Hard climbs from Tighnabruaich onwards but also some crazy descents Oh ya dancer !

I think we had a killer headwind from Loch Tarsan to Dunoon but Chung and Campbell were glorious on the front.

The last couple of miles were handlebar biting time into the wind but we made it just as a ferry was getting in.

Long day but a good day Hello, beer !!

Big thanks to everyone for letting me hang onto their wheels!!

Sorry....bit of War and Peace there! :grin: