Newbie from Renfrew

Jodyc

Hello everyone,

I am Jonathan from Renfrew and have joined the forum at long last(after many discussions with Ritchie Cross) with a view to coming along on a Sunday to try and get fit. I have been cycling for a few years and mainly going out myself so I have no idea how fit I will be so think I'll keep an eye out for the shortest runs.

I had the pleasure of meeting one of your members on the Braveheart ride 2007 and to be perfectly honest if it hadn't been for him I would have chucked it after about 15 miles because I was so knackered. He kept me going till I got my second wind and completed the 44 mile course and felt brilliant afterwards so thanks to that man !!!!!! :lol:

I am really looking forward to coming along to some of the runs but please go easy on me if I am hanging on at the end trying to keep everyone in view :lol::lol::lol:

Jod

Welcome Jonathan,

The club is great for new members. Most runs during the winter are easyish.

The best way to start come the new year is to keep an eye out for the reliability runs which are very sociable and increase in distance each week for 3 or 4 weeks in a row. (someone please confirm)

Then best to go with the 30 milers bunch to guage your fitness and bunch riding skills.

I'm off the road for a while due to a newly diagnosed medical problem (not serious though) but the members will make you feel welcome and keep you right in a bunch, in a friendly manner of course.

Enjoy your cycling.

Mark

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jonathan,

Welcome.

I would suggest trying out a run with the "30 milers" on a Sunday morning, which will give you a chance to see how fit you are and just to meet a few club members. The idea with club runs is that no-one should get left behind.

See club runs section, where I think there are even a few going out tomorrow morning (Sun 20/11/11).

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Ramsay

• 4 weeks later...