A day out in Fife wasted

Guest EPCC

Me and Charlie had a day out in Inverkeithing taking part in the vets series of races.

The race was ten laps of a 3.4 mile triangular circuit on some nice roads if you ignored the pot holes

problem was Charlie found one on lap three and had to wait for the service car so end of race me i strugled on but on the 2nd last lap lost a wheel on a drag into the wind and that was that.

Another leason learned and now looking forward to my rest phase and hopefully after a good winter training be back stronger in March

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done on all your efforts this season guys - enjoy the rest for a couple of weeks because ... it racks up for you this winter, no excuse will be acceptable without a doctors line or broken bones (and only if they effect your cycling) - so says the drill instructor...

Anyway I went up for the second race of the day at 12.30pm. 12 laps of the circuit. Those who want to do a ride at the vets national were there but only about 35 of the 52 listed actually started. It had got very windy by the afternoon and a break of 8 went 1st lap. Back in the bunch the chase got going after a few laps doddling and within about 5 miles the bunch was blown apart due to cross winds with only about 8-10 remaining in the chase group. So it was a pursuit match from them. By final lap gap was under 30 secs. All a bit hectic then, 3 jumped across from our group, 1 dropped back, 2 from lead group crashed in sprint, I won sprint from our group - think that put me 9th on the day - almost caught the last guy from the break on the line as he was baulked by crash,

roll on vets national - and roll on a break thereafter

Oh ya dancer !