returning cyclist-looking for help

Guest George

Hi everyone,

I am a returning cyclist, keen to join a club in an effort to bring my fitness on, is there

a club run on this weekend that my limited ability/fitness could handle?

Would be most appreciative if one of you guys would let me know if a ride is on & where/when

to meet.

Thanks,

George. A wee bit of help.icon_bounce_3

Guest EPCC

George

A large group including most of the thirty milers are away this weekend.

Depending on how bike fit you are some of us are taking a hilly route to largs its likely that this pace will be a bit more than steady with some decent hills mind you we always regroup at the top.

Distance of this run is about 70 also keep an eye on the club runs somebody might post a shorter run latter

Richie/Billy

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I know the Largs ride you are on about & if I'm being

honest I may struggle to keep up at more than a steady pace and wouldn't want to hold

folk back.

I'll maybe hold off until next weekend when the rest of the guys are back & see what you

are up to then or if someone posts a shorter ride I'll try to tag along with them

Thanks again & hope to meet you soon.

All the best,

George.

• Life Members

Hi George,

Just saw your post there.

Firstly, welcome back to cycling and to the club.

I intend to come out this Sunday too, if you want and if you don't mind, i can keep you company.

I suggest we make a 9.00am start as well and tag along with the main bunch to as far as we can, then we can go the coast route to Largs for a coffee break (we may even bump into the main bunch) then maybe head up the Haylie and back to Johnstone all done at a manageable pace. Distance wise will probably be 50ish miles, but as a former cyclist, you'll know it depends on the pace not the distance.

Tempted? :grin:

Regards

Chung

Hi Chung, thanks for the offer, that sounds ideal. I get what you mean about speed being the issue rather than distance. I'm sure -I'll get round, just hope you don't mind giving me a shove up the haylie. See you 9am at the clubroom.

• Life Members

George, we don't have to go up the Haylie, we could always go down it to get to Largs. Oh ya dancer !

Could decide on the day, see you at the clubroom 9.00am!

P.S. Do you know where the clubroom is?

Cheers

Chung

Hi Chung. I'm content to leave the route planning to yourself. Sure I'll suffer regardless of which way we go. I was briefly a member of the club many moons ago & recall where the club rooms are so I'll see u there. I'll be the baldy, slightly rotund chap on the Scott.

Guys

I will join you but not for the full distance - would like to be home by roughly midday so regardless of which way you decide to go I will turn back before hitting the coast & make my way home on the back roads

cheers

Tony

So who were the group of 15-20 cyclists i saw going along Houston Road in Bridge of Weir at about 10:30am this morning? They were mainly decked out in blue/yellow but i don't see any planned trip for a Wheelers club run?

Is there another club with similar colours?

Billy,

I would love to and was planning on it however have some pretty pressing family matters to attend to so may not be out for a good while :cry: Will fill you in on my return to non competitive sprinting for 30's 8-)

In the meantime why not go through BOW, up Phils folly to Lochwinnoch and take the back road past the golf course to Kilbirnie. Some nice wee short sharp climbs along that road. You could go on from Kilbirnie to Failie Moor or turn right just as you enter Beith to intercept the top of the climb out of Kilbirnie (thats a pretty testing wee climb as well)

Colin Hello, beer !!

Sorry Chung I won't make it now. Had a phone call this morning, "trouble at t'mill" got to go in tomorrow morning and help clean up the mess.

Hope the weather holds out for you. I managed out for a couple of hours on my bike this afternoon. It was a little bit moist - in fact I think I got caught in a hailstorm somewhere near Barrmill, but good just to get out on those country lanes & feel free for a while :-P

• Life Members

That's fine, Ken. I was thinking the same too, it's been chucking it down here in Mearns for the past half hour.

George, do you still want a run, if I don't hear from you in the next 20minutes, i' ll still meet you at the clubroom around 9.00am. Please post or my number is 0790 3356 730.

Cheers

ChunG

welcome george

im one of the thirty milers that was away for the weekend im available some nights during the week monday wednesday are the best for me im new to the club as well so if that helps im here i need more time on the hills so some time on them anybody wants to help please do

brian k

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Hi Brian, hope your weekend went well.

Thanks for the offer, I need some hill work & general fitness too, especially after my large helping of humble pie yesterday :oops: .

I can't guarantee which nights I'll be out this week but am free next saturday or sunday if

you fancy it.

It's clear that the guys who were out on sunday are a lot fitter/talented than myself, do the

30 milers keep a more sedate pace? If not, I may have to start a 15 miler group :lol:

Hi Brian, saturday is good for me. If u feel a bit inadequate on climbs then a couple of hours in my company will be great for your self esteem as I climb like a stone. Let me know where u want to meet & the route u want to do. club rooms or paisley are fine with me. Of course anyone who wants to come along is welcome.