Sunday 3rd April

Mark O

Brian and anyone else interested, I intend being at the clubrooms around 9.30 sunday morning if weather reasonable. Horizontal rain is not reasonable! Not bothered about distance/pace but will need to be home around pm to see to mother's day duties. Looking to do circular meander round renfrewshire with bale outs for quick run home if necessary.

Cheers

Mark

Joined the 9.30 group this morning, good to be out with the group again. Eight riders headed down the track to Lochwinoch and then up John's hill and back roads into Kilmacolm. Yes Bill I will get a granny ring fitted, might make the climbs easier. It is either that or loose a couple of stone !

Most enjoyable 30 miles, hope to be out with the bunch again soon.

Alan

thanks to the 9.30 group who got me round today i wouldnt have made it other wise the two bills, mary, stevie,ken mac ,mark,alan the slowcoach thats me eventually made it home 40miles later thanks stevie for going out of your way to get me to inchinnan all the advice given by these sainted people will be taken in thanks again

brian k

Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!

Brian,

Hope the legs are ok today. Bike checked over by UCI. Happy to report nothing "Obree" about it, despite vicious rumours of a mirco 250cc put-put engine which orginated from a certain member of the emergency services who shall remain nameless . No idea where the climbing legs have come from, was struggling to get up Sinclair Street on a triple the last run out that way. Feeling good on the hills at moment that's all and making the most of it.

Keep at it mate and you will make steady progress over the summer months in prep for London-Paris. Only thing I've been doing differently is not dropping a gear on short inclines and ramps just to build some power. I've also switched onto the big ring for the start of most runs for the last 8 weeks or so and progressively increased the distance done on the bigger gear as the weeks have passed and I've felt able to do so. Lots of small incremental improvements since January that are now starting to come together I suppose.

Remember to tweak your saddle height as suggested yesterday, you should feel a difference with that change.

Cheers

Mark