Saturday 26th March

ginty001

• 2023 Subscriptions

I can't make Sunday due to kids dancing show, so i'm gonna head out on Sat instead. Would be planning 60 or 70 miles at a decent pace with a few hills.. Haven't thought of a route yet, but will post when i do...any company welcome...

Ian....

• 2023 Subscriptions

Colin,

Sounds good... A slight change of plan, I probably wont get 60-70 miles in, as i've got things to do in the afternoon, so am planning to be out from say 8.30 till 12pm, so it's looking more like 50 something miles.... Let me know if that suits, i'll post a route shortly....

Ian..

Ian/Colin

I'm up for a run tomorrow too. Was going to suggest maybe meeting over this way if you fancied a change of roads, but that doesn't look an option given time constraints.

So, happy to meet 8.30/9.00am clubrooms/start of Georgetown/ or Bishopton as suits. Will check later for views.

Cheers

Iain

Iain,

Good to hear from you.

As Ian has not posted a route yet I was thinking:

Houston, BOW, Kilbarchan, Howwood (Bowfield), Clockwise around Peesweep APR circuit, Beith, Kilbirnie, Lochwinnoch, Kilmacolm, Houston.

A few wee steep climbs in there and quite a number of heavy drags.

If you guys have other ideas I' am happy to go with the flow.

Will try to keep up as long as possible :oops:

Meet outide the River Inn in Houston 0900?????? Nice and handy for me :roll:

Colin Hello, beer !!

Folks

I am happy with Colin's suggested route and time (9am). Kenny, the Riverside Inn is actually in Crosslee. It's just a couple of hundred yards from the Georgetown turn roundabout. Just past the shops I think you sometimes parked at for last year's Thrusday hilly runs.

I'll check later to see if there is any changed plan and look forward to seeing you/catching up in the morning.

Iain

I met up with a sprightly looking Ian McGinty at the bridge this morning. We made our way down the Georgetown to be met by the welcome sight of Iain Cowden, and Lindsay.

We mustered at Crosslee to await Colin's arrival, other commitments meant he was unable to make it. Cambelll appeared and brought our numbers to five.That being the case, Iain Cowden became our route master. We had the best of the day in the morning, bright and warm was the order of the day. A stiff breeze in the exposed area's but really, a perfect day for cycling.

All told 80 odd miles for me, and it felt like it too.

Link to the stats; http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75155130

As Kenny says, a fine day in good company! Thanks to Colin for the route which I think we followed pretty faithfully save a wee extra bit due to a senior moment (mine). Shame Colin missed out but another time for sure.

Kenny and Ian McG were the strongest on the (many) hills. Renfrewshire looking at its best.

Iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thoroughly enjoyable day in great company in what really did feel like the 1st day of summer, nice to give the summer bike it's first outing of the year too. Here's hoping for loads more of the same weatherwise :lol::lol: