cold hands and fingers

pedalpusher

Before losing them, I used the waterproof sealskinz which were good. Bizarre logic said don't buy the same again in case the lost ones turn up so I have the endura Cordura gloves now. Nice thin, Waterproof glove with plenty of dexterity but have noticed that they are not as warm as the sealskinz.

Specialized have a lobster mitt style on the go which have had some good reviews. Dooleys had some in a few weeks ago and were waiting on more sizes arriving.

I use a thin silk inner glove and ski gloves on very cold days what you have to do is keep your fingers moving for circulation and eat. chocolate it doesn't keep you warm but takes your mind of your cold hands

• Members

I think the most important factor in keeping hands warm is to make sure that the cuff of the glove overlaps the sleeve of your jacket or jersey, so there's no gap.

I'm using a pair of wooly gloves with a 40-gram Thinsulate lining. They were £2.99 on eBay and are far warmer than any of the cycling specific gloves I've got. The only downside is the lack of cushioning/gel inserts. My hands get achey on longer rides, but that shouldn't be a problem for your commute.

I got a pair of Endura Strike gloves for Xmas. They are triple layered, windproof, waterproof and my hands stayed warm at -3 c. They have a breathable liner so my hands are still dry even afetr 2 - 3 hours cycling. They are not bulky so no problem with brakes/gears. Avaliable online for about £27.

If you're looking for a cheap option -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/British-Army-Extr ... 5641dbe89a

They are much warmer than any gloves I've used in the past (even 2-layer winter gloves). Manual dexterity is limited though - only really suitable for fixed/singlespeed/3-speed setups (my commuting bike is 3-speed so only has one little gear lever which I can operate using these mittens). You could probably use them on an MTB with old-school thumbshifters...