Sunday 27th June - 55 miles

granttod

Sounds good, I'd like to come along and someone from Tuesday's time trial was also interested but wondered if a later start would be ok - how about 9:30am? Happy to go with the flow re: route, if flatness is a pre-requisite (Jan, shame on you!) how about round the coast to Largs?

Mary

• Administrators

Bunch of 8 - Jim D, Paul, Lindsay, Al, Jann, Mary, Geig and Elaine set off this morning in the direction of Largs.

Paul turned off at the top of the Port as he had time constraints. The rest of the bunch headed off round the coast to Largs and enjoyed a coffee stop.

Greig and Elaine opted for comfy seats on the way back, I had thoughts of joining them but struggled on.

We then carried on to West Kilbride and over towards Dalry when Jim D and I formed a breakaway for several miles ( it was great fun :grin: ) then into Kilbirnie, Lochwinnoch and home.

60 miles on the clock which overtakes my previous longest distance on the bike which was 43.5 miles.

Thanks to everyone whose wheel I sat on today especially into the wind. Still a bit edgy sitting in the bunch after crashing few weeks ago but getting there. :shock:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/38357714

thanks to everyone for a great day especially to jim for egging me on when i was tiring just sorry i had to quit at largs my legs couldnt go any further but whilst travelling by train looked out of window near west kilbride and saw jim and jan on their breakaway just glad i was on a comfy seat and elaine wanted off so she couldve joined them

greig Hello, beer !!