Some bad news...

kelly van der toorn

Dear clubmates,

Sorry about my tasteless posting about lending out my wheels - it was little more than a sarcastic comment aimed at my recent misfortune......on Tuesday I was out with the renfrew bunch having complained of stomach pains in the morning which were still lingering -

hey I was sore off the bike so rather be sore on it and do something than sit around all evening whining -

anyway, two more days of stomach pain and one Time trial later and I collapsed on Thursday and asked Greg to take me to A&E -and I dont do hospital! - later that night we were told I was two months pregnant and having an ectopic pregnancy with huge internal bleeding. Thats like one where the baby tries to grow in the wrong place and it just exploded in my fallopian tubes - hence the pain. So 1 litre of blood lost, Im going to be off the sport for a few weeks now and am recovering well but am very light headed. My folks are here but going home tomorrow and everyone is running round for me so thats good.

Anyway...I'll be out to help timekeep in a couple of weeks and look forward to hearing all the news. Bet we're headed for a spell of great weather and fast TT times just to add insult to injury!

See you all soon,

Kelly

PS Please could someone organise Kerry Lang or Ali Winship into getting an SCU license so that three JWCC girls can break the Scottish womens team ten record on the Westferry in August!!! Vicky Begg did a fantastic PB 24.17 on Saturday at the Fullarton Wheelers 10 and Kerry finished 6th Elite in the International London Triathlon and Katrina got the qualifying time she was after for the 3k pursuit at the weekend, so the ladies are surely capable of kicking some ass!!!