Sam Robinson RR, 23-5-10

Guest Jim Daly

Guest Jim Daly

Reduced to 71miles. So, easier than a club run to Cowal. 8-)

Got further than than last time, negotiating the flats in the wrong side gutter, oomphed up Braes of Greenock, handled the very busy Trossachs Road, and gave everything up the Dukes Pass still in the bunch.

Was feeling good about my descending skills, until last 4 hairpins where I got stuck behind a slightly nervous junior and quite a few dived past me into the corners. The final turn into Aberfoyle was the start of a ferocious chase after a super long string of riders and I was finally passed by the cars around the golf course. I think I was caught out, because the tli races on the same course have controlled the speed on the final steep slope into town making me a bit complacent.

I continued to work hard and got to the top of the world with John Kermode, dropping some quick racers. We settled into a Sunday run and were caught by 4 working hard after Fintry. I was annoyingly dropped going up through Balfron but eventually finished

Won by Evan Oliphant(?) with an excellent 2nd for Rob Wilkins from a great quality field, including Endura, Raleigh, and Alex Coutts (5 WINS in far east this year).