Etape du Tour

David McKellar

Hi All

Tomorrow I am off to France to take part in Etape du Tour, I would like to thank everyone in the club for their help and support over the last 9 months. Had it not been for the Sunday runs with all the advice and encouragement I received I would not feel as fit and confident as I do.

I am heading down through Le Mans and taking in stage 8 on Friday before heading over to Limoges and the main event on Sunday. :grin:

Later in the week I am going over to Alpe D'Huez just for a look if Joyce is reading this but if my bike should need the excercise I might let it have a go.

Sorry I can't be with you all when you get to the Alpe but I know you will all have a great time :lol:

I will be wearing the club colours during Etape so at least Scotland's friendliest club will be represented.

Full report when I return :angryfire

Thanks again to everyone.

All the best

David

• 2 weeks later...

David,

Just been browsing and came across the full results of the Etape.

Your official time is recorded at 10.48.11 which given the terrain is a superb achievement at an average of 22kph / 14.3 mph.

Brilliant performance and having read a report on Cycling forums I look forward to hearing the g(l)ory details of your feat.

Well done

Take you back on the Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!

• 2 weeks later...