Protein Supplements....worth the cost? or just a bad taste?

gregbalden

• 2023 Subscriptions

HI

One of my mates is really into going to the gym and is making steady progress at body building. Every lunchtime he takes a protein supplement. he recommended i should take it for cycling but don't really know the benefits, so i am curios to know if they are any good?, are they worth the cost? and do they help?

Also does any one else in the club use them? and have you noticed any improvements?

Greg

I used maximuscle protein shake when i was going to the gym trying to build muscle i did notice quite an improvement when i took the recommended 'dosage.'

Now i use the same stuff (promax) after a bike ride and notice that i recover over night and feel no aches in my muscles.

The maximuscle site is great and they do endurance products as well as muscle building supplements. Have a look the site is great and easy to use.

Most of the current training theory stuff suggests that a combined protein/ carbohydrate drink or bar taken within 20 minutes of finishing a ride aids recovery.

Zipvit do a load of sports nutrition products including drinks and bars.

You can get a box stashed with gels, drinks powders etc from tehir site

www.zipvit.com/success

Costs £4 to cover P&P

The protein drinks are pretty disgusting tasting IMHO but the bars are pretty good.

As lancelogan says teh protein stuff certainly hels overnight recovery