Lake APR looking for entries

barky

I'd like to invite your club members to take part in the Lake APR this year, we've made a few improvements to the 2009 event which will make it even more appealing. Online entry at http://www.lomondsoap.com/

Make sure you fill in the past performances section, last year I had problems handicapping the field as 10 of the 80 riders passed on any race details, so the result this year is that if you don't fill it in you'll be in the scratch group, even if you're 80 years old! If you've no results, just put "no results", easy peasy and makes my job a lot easier.

I've kept entry fees at £12 up to the 13th March, then rising to a whopping £18 after this date, paying £12 is easy, just get in quick, nearly half the field is full already, so it's on a first come first served basis, get your entry in and you'll get a ride.

Race info.

http://www.glasgownightingalecc.org.uk/ ... 2&sID=9884

Online entry.

http://www.entrycentral.com/index.php?raceID=100524

Video details.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nightingal ... 267749948/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Jim and I rode today, there were 80 riders in 8 groups with small gaps and we were both in the 7th group :shock:

Jim very strong from the gun along with others in the group. I was doing intermittent spells from about mile 5. A very strong scratch caught us after 10 miles, a few miles before we hit Flanders Moss where the race was ripped apart up the drag in the strong crosswind and a few of the earlier groups were passed. It was a case of how many cyclists can you get in one gutter. Having to ride out into the wind round the groups caused me to get bombed, Jim too, and we ended up in a group of about 10.

Rode round to finish I guess somewhere about 40th.

Ach well, good days and bad days.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2024 Subscriptions
Jim and I rode today, there were 80 riders in 8 groups with small gaps and we were both in the 7th group :shock:

Jim very strong from the gun along with others in the group. I was doing intermittent spells from about mile 5. A very strong scratch caught us after 10 miles, a few miles before we hit Flanders Moss where the race was ripped apart up the drag in the strong crosswind and a few of the earlier groups were passed. It was a case of how many cyclists can you get in one gutter. Having to ride out into the wind round the groups caused me to get bombed, Jim too, and we ended up in a group of about 10.

Rode round to finish I guess somewhere about 40th.

Ach well, good days and bad days.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

Well done for flying the flag Paul and Jim. Sounds like it was a really hard day. You need to get into one of the earlier groups next time. :lol: Noticed John Anderson was down for group 1 :shock:

DG

Guest Jim Daly

A good day and a bad day for me.

It took me 3 miles to catch Paul's group going up the Moss and I had to rest for a few after that until we were approaching Buchlyvie.

Dropped again near the top of Flanders Moss whilst trying to drop the many hangers-on. I chased hard but had to do the last 7 miles solo.

I estimate I done a third of the course in front, losing 13 minutes to the front three.

Although it would have been very nice to have been challenging Alex Bhogal of Kinesis for first place, I'm happy enough that it was a tough training race. :roll: