Good luck to Jim and Paul this Sunday

Darryl Gunson

• 2023 Subscriptions

Darryl

Thank you very much for your best wishes, I've only just read this as I was in Inverness from dawn till dusk yesterday at a rowing regatta then travelled to Aberdeen last night.

Anyway, Jim and I made the annual pilgramage to the vets champs (I'm sure you would have done a great ride today so maybe you could reconvene next year?)

Realistically for me, the best scenario was a bunch sprint. However it was very windy and the bunch split to pieces early on. If I'm honest I was ready to get off my bike and reassess my life after 15 miles as my legs were in agony after trying to hold the lead break and was dropped.

End of the day I was 12th - so after a rest in October (which is my plan and will be a first !) it all starts again for next year !

Jim was one of the gladiators that managed to finish the race, from what I know he was 29th.

cheers

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Guest Jim Daly

Darryl

Thanks for your good wishes.

No lack of good luck but a distinct lack of oomph when it counted.

I was kind of relieved when Paul jumped over and thought I would ease up a bit to let the break go. All too quickly I was on the back of the chase group and somehow just sort of found myself dropped before the top of the climb.

Worked hard for the first lap to try to stay in touch and then subjected myself to extreme discomfort just finishing.

Jim