Is there a crit?

Alan McLean

Guest Jim Daly

Alan

I assume the crit is on. Email your intentions to Tom at address below his recent email.

Dear Rider,

I have been advised by Scottish Cycling that the Scottish Criterium Championship for 2008 may now be held on Saturday 13th September following the Tour of Britain stage start in Glasgow Green. This will be confirmed by the end of the month/early August at the latest as the route for the ToB depart has yet to be finalised. There will be only one event open to E, 1, 2 , 4, and juniors and it will be classed as a Regional C + which incurs licence points for the first 10 finishers. The circuit will be based in Glasgow Green but no details are as yet available to me. I will be seeking a longer circuit than last year's 1KM circuit. No other events are planned. If you would like me to transfer your entry to this event please let me know. If not I will reimburse your entry fee. If some of you have already contacted me regarding a reimbursement this will be made in due course.

Dr Tom Forbes

e-mail: [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Committee

Colin

I've entered.

Big turnout for the Joansin Massive please folks.

We had about six riders last year, can we get more?

It was a colourful event last year with boards along the barriers, big finish line and PA system. It might only be a support race but it is still part of the spectacle of the Tour of Britain so if you want to try some fast bunch riding then come along.

PM me or the usual suspects if you need to know more about the event.

Alan[/code]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Committee

Good news! Entry date has been extended to Wednesday! Isn't that just marvellous?

See Entrycentral for details. Forty signed up now.

No apologies for ruthless thread bumping, Colin and I need some more blue and yellow to hide behind.

It's a real crit, just like the end of the TdF, but without the tiresome views of Paris and fewer clumsy Italian sprinters to ruin your finish. 40 minutes of race then douple expressos all round.

Fit your shortest cranks, blingyest wheels and join Colin and myself at Glasgow Green on Saturday.

Regards

a