Sunday 13th july 09.00 bunch

ianfsimmet

:grin: def back this week (if i dont sleep in) propose largs run as per last weekend, :oops: if any body gets up on time...weather permitting. David R meeting a new candidate at BBJ as he wusnae sure where miller st was. will enjoy luxury of a Hello, beer !! cafestop at largs :lol: then return via brisbane glen and perhaps A8 to bishy, then sample new surface of georgetown rd ???

Regards ian.

The famous five set out from BBJ at 9.27 am heading for Largs via Kilbirnie, the five being Ian, John, Dave, Alistair and Slow Al whom struggled a bit on the hills. However I dug deep and kept going, as Ian kept whispering in my lug of the joys of the cafe stop with stories of scrumsous rolls and square slice covered in broon sauce !

Once revitalised it was onwards and upwards via Brisbane Glen, a doddle, doon to the port, back through Bishopton and along the well laid Georgetown Road.

Thanks guys for a great 60 miles in the saddle, sorry will not be out next Sunday as I have to go to a wedding, no not mine !

:grin: great day out , great weather, great company, but i wus never whispering in slow als ear !!! :shock: sixty plus miles on undulating roads. the dulating bits were fine but like al, the 'un ' bits caused transmission probs ;-) ,[blaming my new dura ace 53/39 for that,] but even as we ploughed on playing a sweeping role for the stragglers :roll: never did i whisper anything in his lug!!..We were joined today by new man Allister [ i'm just making my way to the kettle] Carmichael, a mountain biker of some experience and pretty fit convert to road bike....showed a clean pair of cleats many times on the 'un' bits :rockets . thanks all for a superb run.. and a five star cafestop Hello, beer !!

:grin: great day out , great weather, great company, but i wus never whispering in slow als ear !!! :shock: sixty plus miles on undulating roads. the dulating bits were fine but like al, the 'un ' bits caused transmission probs ;-) ,[blaming my new dura ace 53/39 for that,] but even as we ploughed on playing a sweeping role for the stragglers :roll: never did i whisper anything in his lug!!..We were joined today by new man Allister [ i'm just making my way to the kettle] Carmichael, a mountain biker of some experience and pretty fit convert to road bike....showed a clean pair of cleats many times on the 'un' bits :rockets . thanks all for a superb run.. and a five star cafestop Hello, beer !!