Thirty Milers - Sunday 8th June

KennyS

Leaving the club rooms at 9 sharp

JWCC, Cycletrack, Kilmacolm, Lochwinnoch, Kilbirnie, Gateside, Greenacres, JWCC (33.35 mi.)

Map on the following link http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/johnstone/698080782

Weather looks mighty fine as well 8-)http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/tomorrow.asp?zipcode=johnstone

See you there

Guest DavieR

Duncan Thomson, Johnny Johnstone and myself left the clubrooms at 9.05, after it became clear that our leader had quite clearly abandoned us to our own fate. During the long wait for our leader to turn up, Duncan told us that he was off on Friday to once again take part in the Grand Fondo Campagnolo in Italy, with Alan McLean and two other friends. We decided to follow the route posted by our absentee leader, and that Johnny and I would help Duncan out on the hills that lay ahead.

The tempo was not quite race pace, but was brisk. Just as well we had done all our talking at the clubrooms, while waiting on our non appearing leader, as conversations would have to be short and sweet at this pace. All hills were climbed with Duncan in the middle and Johnny and me holding a seat stay on either side of Duncan's bike. Duncan was not best pleased, but we told him he would look back on this day and thank us in the end! The Bowfield, Johnshill and the climb up through Kilmalcom were all climbed at an average of 16mph by Duncan, a good effort with us two hanging on to his seat stays.

We headed back to HQ via the cycletrack where half way along a squirrel decided to cut accross Duncan's front wheel, unfortunately it was Duncan's front wheel that cut accross the squirrel, fortunately for the squirrel it was all over in an instant. Duncan peeled off further down the track, leaving Johnny and me to cover the last few miles back to Miller Street.

Happy trails to Duncan, Alan and friends at the Grand Fondo, and I look forward to the report on their return.

• Members

had intended meeting the 9:00 gang this morning but gastric bug has failed to live up to its 48 hour name.

Currently still unable to travel more than 500m from toilet :cry:

good news is that I have lost 3/4 of a stone since Wed. night Oh ya dancer !

bad news is I am sure I could eat a scabby horse as soon as I can keep it down ;-)

ps I manged to avoid toilet for 35mins during interview and managed to get my Acting Deputy Head job :roll:

:grin: congrats kenny, is it worthwhile moving office...you should be looking for retirement .Sounds like i've caught this bug, could'nt get out this morn due to late finish last night, but to make matters i was giving a talk at BB battalion presentation tonight..... phew it was a close shave. one more hesitant power point thingy and it would have been curtains for whats left of my .. :oops: .cred. to matters more interesting, sounds like the bunch, with awol leader :!: had a good run, but they are all good runs...due to jazz work, am not being available for next two suns... you could have a late cafe stop at the F and H Houston, or Butterfly and Pig ,Glasgow in that order ;-) would give you an idea of suitability for prizegiving evening.. all the best.. ian