Katrine Kapers 2008.

It’s that time of year I am looking for entries for Katrine Kapers 2008 see information below and links for entry form. Hope to see few of you there.

Campbell

Katrine Kapers 2008. Distance 204Km

Starting from: Johnstone Wheelers clubrooms

Date: Sunday 22nd June 2008 Time: 08:00

Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish

some free food and/or drink provided on the ride

Organiser: Campbell Crombie

Address: 50 Dalhousie Rd Kilbarchan Johnstone PA10 2AT

Link for entry Form http://www.aukweb.net/forms/entryform9.php?Ride=08-800

• 1 month later...

Well despite the very heavy rain this was still a great run. I thought originally that the roads would be busy but the event was mostly on minor roads which were virtually traffic free. (Maybe the extreme weather warning put some drivers off though).

I was thoroughly soaked by the time I rode to the JWCC club hut TO START THE EVENT but with a few others I was off at 08.00hrs,

The only problem I was aware of was a large explosion on the descent of the Crow Road, which was Gerry McCartney and his tandem partner's front tyre. This sadly took them out of the event, as the best was still to come. I was very glad of the cuppa at Fintry control, and I should also go back to the Tourist Board shop in Aberfoyle and apologise for leaving a trail of water from the door to the counter, where I also left a large puddle, as I got my very soggy card stamped. (Same story at the cafe in Drymen, where I slithered across their wooden floors leaving a trail of water that must have looked like they had been visited by 'the creature from the black lagoon'). :-o

The Duke's Pass was more like a river, with dislodged stones across the road in places making the climb more interesting. A tour of Loch Katrine followed. I actually thought I was riding up a feeder stream at one time, until I saw one of the feeder streams! Can't see Glasgow being short of water this year. The scenery was spectacular, despite the rain.

I had no real problems except that my route card got so wet it started to disintegrate and I had slight problems route finding on the back roads to Jamestown.

Hopefully everyone else got back within the time limit and there were no other incidents.

My thanks to Campbell, George and Dave for organisation and support. I hope to be back for another shot at it next year. (I'm off to shake some more water out of my bike and change the paper in my shoes). :roll: