Moscow APR

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Wallacehill CC’s Moscow APR attracted a healthy entry and Jim Cusick, who had performed well in the opening round of the Super Six Series the previous weekend, produced another fine effort to take the honours.

Results (Courtesy Hugh Sinclair)

1 Jim CusickGlasgow Couriers/Bennett Dev 1.41.00

2 Paul McNally East Kilbride RC @ 1.30

3 Stephen Russell East Kilbride RC "

4 Derek Walker East Kilbride RC "

5 Calum McLean Rock & Road Cycles "

6 Colin May Edinburgh RC "

7 Kerry Lang Johnstone Wheelers "

8 Arron Murray Velo Ecosse @ 1.38

9 Kristoffer Asknes Glasgow Wheelers @ 2.17

10 Frank Kennedy Johnstone Wheelers "

Well done great result Kerry and Frank Oh ya dancer !

Well as much as it would be nice to claim a 10th position, it's news to me! :roll:

There's obviously been a mix-up and I've emailed the organiser to tell him that I didn't get 10th place - not by a long way! As I explained to the guys yesterday, I faffed about so much beforehand that I was late getting to the event and even later starting. So late that I missed the first 4 groups that had went off and was told to go with the elite bunch :oops:

It was sheer hell. After about half a lap I had to let them go. I was busted but soldiered on until Jim Cusick passed me on Lap 4. I crossed the line with a bunch and as the race was over decided to call it a day myself - one lap short!

So no congratulations due to me guys, sorry. However, mucho respect to Kerry who put in a superb ride on a very hard day. Hello, beer !!

Maybe next year!

Frank