Sunday 18 November

David McKellar

With the Wanlochhead run only one week away lets try and get some miles under our belts but at a gentle pace.

The plan is to head out over the bridge and head for sunny Helensburgh 8-) but with a twist ;-) . Then over Sinclair Street and back via Balloch.

Usual 9.30 start with anyone meeting at the bridge around 10.15, after last week I will be bringing my sun block :roll:

Well we didn't quite need the sun block this weekend!! Although Donald and I did still hang around the bus shelter underneath the Erskine Bridge in the hope of finding some rays whilst waiting for the bunch to pass - only to later find out that the rest of the bunch were swiftly at the Bowling road end!!!

David, Chung, Mike and Frank (sorry if I missed anyone) set off from the Clubrooms on route to Helensburgh. Having missed them at the Bridge, Donald and I managed to get a tow along with some of the Inverclyde boys heading for a day out round Dunoon. We left them somewhere around Dumbarton and proceeded to timetrial to catch the rest of the JWCC - well Donald did, I was just trying to hand on!!

Finally we caught them leaving Cardross. Continued on our way to Helensburgh and then over Sinclair Street, back through Balloch and Alexandria, opting not to stop for a cafe stop this time (maybe next time Chung). Only got caught in a few spots of rain in Helensburgh, other than that we were really lucky with the weather. Great sociable ride at a nice steady pace. Looking forward to the next one.

xx Lesley