Astro nomic price rise

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Just recd. confirmation letter re astroturf at Linwood.

They have increased cost of hire to £65 per hour ( £40.50 last year) this means we must

a) ensure full 10 players each week

B) increase player contribution to a minimum of £6:50 per session

I have complained via phone and will fill in complaint book on Friday night.

Do we continue to play and pay higher price or cancel booking?

I am prepared to organise a Saturday afternoon game at Lochwinnoch on grass if people fancy a second option.

please let me know vioews re this price hike before Friday if possible.

kenny

Seems a bit steep tp me?

I can only commit to every second week , however a Saturday option would also suit me (and Drew) if we can get enough players - come on you know its got to be better then shopping with the family / watching your beloved team loose / home DIY or anything else others might expect of you on a sat :grin:

If enough players want to commit to a Friday night then I will but I think that it is really overpriced, especially for the juniors - I'll make most Saturday's if we decide to go with that option.

When the council passed the ownership onto the RLL it was meant to improve leisure facilities and keep them reasonably priced

http://www.renfrewshireleisure.com/aboutus/default.asp

I've only been twice this year but the pitch doesn't seem to have been hired out before or after our games. I don't see the logic in them forcing us out by trying to make us pay the same fees as 22 adults playing football. There are ten of us at most & some of those would qualify for concessions. If we weren't there it seems apparent that the pitch would be empty & they'll get no revenue for that hour.

:-(

Hi folks,

I don't know if this is of any use to you, but the astroturf at Beith is only £30.00 per hour for the full pitch or £16.00 an hour for a third of the pitch................ Im not sure if its suitable for bicycle polo, but its regulary used by various hockey clubs........................... its North Ayrshire Leisure that run it http://www.naleisure.co.uk/default.aspx?pageID=29