The Thirty Milers - Sunday 7th October

KennyS

The planned route for this Sunday is as follows:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/johnstone/688920000

Leaving from the clubrooms at 9 o'clock sharp

Weather forecast is looking not too bad http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Johnstone&day=3

Hope to see the usual faces out to welcome the 3 or 4 new faces that are expected Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

A subtle change from last week.

Instead of cutting up to the Admiralty we turn right out of the Glengarnock Industrial estate and then left for Highfield, then the over to the A736 for a short stretch before heading back into Gateside, Greenacres and home.

Also trying to start off on the track as we will hopefully have 3 or 4 newcomers who haven't been out with the bunch before

• Members

14 strong bunch with newcomers Malcolm and daughter Sara making their debut Oh ya dancer ! . we also picked up club sponsor Sean Gray who joined us for the run in glorious sunshine 8-) and no wind.All was going well till the good weather went to some peoples head and they had the audacity to suggest a route change during the run :uzi . Kenny S fought hard to regain control and even dished out a puncture to stamp out his authority :smash . Unfortunately Martin Mullhooligan was beyond control and lay sunbathing in the middle of the road whilst Colin H wrestled with his pucture :-x before showing off his newly purchased "cycle inflator" Houston speak for pump.

Mullhooligan had a late pass for the day and was last seen heading towards Dunlop with Sean Oh ya dancer !

Kenny S was coaxed into throwing a couple of extra wee hills in the run in :oops: before a regroupment and coaching session in Howwood prior to the gallop. In scenes reminiscent of the glory days of super mario , the MacDonald ,Howard lead out train was in full flight as we approached the gallop at the 30 sign.

Kenny S attacking strongly :shock: in last 50 metre to snatch the victory from Davie R and James MacD with the others close behind.

Excellent 30 mile run in glorious weather, bring on next Sunday ;-)

KennyS.

As I finished second behind you, I take exception to your Chipsandlinguini comment, if only the MacDonald, ColinH lead out train had been going faster I am sure I would have caught you. I have stepped up the training this week, more pies and Guinness so we will see what this Sunday brings!