Race report: TLI Callander

Alan McLean

• Committee

Three JW at start of B race. Jim Daly, Kerry Lang and me.

Very fast along the Invertrossachs road and the bunch stayed together over the Duke's pass. The group spread out on the descent and there was a chance to get a bit of a gap going into Aberfoyle but it was pretty impossible to go fast through the town and we all bunched up again.

Jim and I stayed near the front and developed a 100 yard gap which lasted three minutes. Braes of Greenock is a nasty wee hill which stretched us out again followed by a fast blast into Callander to complete the first lap. I found myself at the front along Invertrossachs road and sat up.

Lots of jeers but no-one came through. I led the bunch at about 25kph for 10 mins. ( Hope no-one filmed it.)

Bit faster over the Duke's Pass this time, enlivened by a wee crash, going uphill thankfully. No-one badly hurt but Kerry, Jim and I lost some ground and had to rev up for the rest of the climb. Kerry is a climbing machine but stayed away from the mad descenders on the other side.

On the next leg to Port of Menteith our Jim did too much work at the front. A real break of two went off about two miles before the BoG.

Steaming down the BoG the leading two opened up a thirty sec gap and half a dozen of us were racing for third. Jim was cut up by a bus and couldn't get back into the chasing group.

Excellent sprint (ie they beat me) from Graham Cockburn and AN Other in the final 200m. Well done guys.

I won't post winners' names because memory is unreliable. Check TLI website for details. JWCC results were:

Kerry Lang 1st lady

Alan McLean 5th

Jim Daly 8th-ish

33(?) starters

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

well done,

glad the wife had hoovering for me to do rather than pull the side down. :roll:

someone left a top though, from braveheart site

Will get the full results shortly. Thanks to everybody that helped to make this one of the best organised races I've done Great rides by the young ones, Callum and David. it was a pleasure to see them tackle a hilly course. and not to forget the old gaurd,the two Daves in "B" Grade Race

Someone from Johnston Wheelers left a long sleave top. pity it has all that writing on it!! Will be at the T de Bash next Sunday

duncan

• Committee

Thomson

Put down your Hoover and take off the Marigolds.

All the good guys will be at the Trossachs TT next weekend so you should enter the race at Lesmahagow on Sunday. I can't go but I'm sure some lurkers on this forum could join you.

Or would you rather go to Ikea?

A