Confined Events Calendar - September 2007

KennyS

A reminder of what's coming up over the next month. Still two Club Titles to be battled for. Why not get yourself a partner and get down the Georgetown over the next couple of weeks before the 2-Up Club Champs before heading for the Howwood Climb for some practise.

The HillClimb course is on the following link http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/howwood/166751303

September 4 Tuesday 18:30 2-Up TT #2 Georgetown Road

September 11 Tuesday 18:30 2-Up TT #3 Georgetown Road

September 18 Tuesday 18:30 2-Up Club Champs Georgetown Road

September 20 Thursday 18:30 Hill Climb #1 Howwood

September 25 Tuesday 18:30 Hill Climb #2 Howwood

September 29 Saturday 10:00 Hill Climb Club Champs Howwood

• Members

The hillclimb finishes 3/4 of way up hill ( tradition , bot nobody knows why)

there is a small lane which cuts off ( dirt track) to right as you climb up steepest part before kennels. The finish line is at the top of cut off approx 660 yards from the start which is right hand gatepost of gate immediately to your left when you turn into road.

The track might even have a Public Footpath signpost pointing to the right as you head up the hill.

Can't swear to this though as I'm usually semi-conscious by this point.

I can however lay claim to having held a descending tractor back with one hand just up from the finish to allow one of the guys to cross the line last year.

Reminder for this year. Do not hold vertically mounted exhaust pipe adjacent to tractor door whilst talking to tractor driver :oops:

Guest Jim Daly

Kenny,

Your hand got welded to the exhaust pipe for me. I was then able to negotiate the chicane between the tractor + trailer that you held back from going down and the car thus blocked from going up.

Thanks,

Jim Hello, beer !!

• 3 weeks later...