Stolen slab !!

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

I was at clubrooms on Monday returning lap boards and bell from millport event, when I discovered that we had a break in and one of our slabs in front of container had been stolen. Tonight our neighbour confirmed seeing a lone culprit removing said slab late at night. Suspect had a key to gate and was driving a greyish coloured car, from this I deduce it is a club member!!!

I am giving said culprit 24 hours to own up before I unleash the wrath of "Bob "on them.Bob Sharp has his trained sniffer dogs and his trusty sniper rifle on standby as we speak, I am meeting with neighbour in industrial units to view his cctv tapes to identify culprit .

You have been warned :uzi

Thank goodness you only noticed the missing slab, if you had seen the other stuff he filled his car with it would be more that the wrath of Bob you wuld be unleashing.

In the interest of honesty and justise I would like to point out that i don't have a greyish car or a key - but I know a man who does.

I can only assume that the slab that you are reporting missing was indeed replaced (returned?) on the Tuesday because I myself witnessed two members of the bike polo fraternity lifting a 3*2 slab from the front of the container very late on Tuesday evening and smuggling it away in a grey estate car to the Linburn area of Erskine. They should be easily identified as they are covered in midge bites and have an aroma of Skin So Soft about them

I do have a number of 2*2 slabs (and a cracked 3*2 slab) round the side of my house if the rest of the polo team (or Bob Sharp on his own) want to come round and help me deliver them to the club

Under the cover of darkness late on Tuesday I met a guy who was in the process of purloining a slab from the club rooms. When challenged he assured me that it was his property and he had only given the club a loan of it. He also expressed a wish that Bob Sharp not find out about its retrieval.

Being of a suspicious nature I followed him back to his place of residence and witnessed him and his accomplice cementing the slab into place adjacent to his back door (it's the one on the left). I didn't recognise either of them as being regular polo players. I am pretty sure though that neither of them is employed in the building trade.

Steele by name, steal by nature?

pat.boyle2