How Many Did You Do?

David McKellar

Last Sunday while out on the usual club Sunday which saw Dennis, Donald and Lesley, Frank, John, Howie, Aileen and myself on the tandum and Mike Ferguson go out through Lochwinnoch and down the Hailie to Largs.

After a cafe stop at Largs we headed up the coast through Gourock it was at this point that Mike celebrated a milestone in his cycling by completing 10,000 miles during 2006 with one week to go. It's Party time! No doubt that Mike will have put more miles under his wheels this week, so congratulations to Mike on this achievement.

I worked out that I have done about 7,000 miles this year how many have you done?

Guest Jim Daly

Mike,

Congratulations!

Amazing base mileage for a big jump in performance this coming summer.

I managed about 5,000 miles on the Langster and about 1,500 miles on my variable geared "coaster".

Cheers

Jim

Happy New Year Stevie

18000++ miles per year!!, thats 350 miles per week, and 50 miles per day. 365 days per year!

if im not mistaken you work for a living, which should take up over 40 hours per week of you time.

taking into consideration the following-

the scottish winter (days and nights)

any colds, viruses, illness etc.

race days where you are riding 10's and 25's (usually tens)

and of course a young guy like yourself- HAVING A LIFE!!

care to elaborate Stevie.

or is it just me!!

Cheers

Sean.

P.S i think i might have done 1000 if Im lucky.

Well I reckon I covered about 13000 mls at an average of about 39miles to the gallon!!!!!!,even hitting 148mph in an S-typeR on a track day with my work.Bikewise it was good fun,good to get back to the mountain bike.Sportivesre the way ahead for me as regards the road bike,good fun,easyish pace and good mileage on cracking fairly safe roads,good luck lads and lassies. 8-)

• Members

If anyone fancies honing their bike handling skills come along to the polo on a Friday night :shock:

Fixed wheel no brakes on astro turf :roll: its hundred mph action where you have to be quick or prepared for pain. Fortunately we are all very skilled in avoiding players, even if Kat & Dawn are playing. If you fancy a go let me know , I can garuantee you will learn all about bike handling very quickly ;-)

10 weeks in and no major collissions is testimony to our talented riders, and that includes our 2 new players in past 2 weeks.

A very fast game with goals galore , what more could you ask for Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !