APR #3 Gateside: Sunday 16th April REPORT

Guest Jim Daly

Guest Jim Daly

We had 5 for the APR, today. There would have been many more but Dave McKellar was giving away free chocolate eggs to anyone who would shield him from the wind ;-) on a trip doon the water.

Guessing that Big Al and Dave Leonard wouln't be there, I fancied my chances of a wee win. Unfortunately, Lars had just jetted in from Germany where he had recently been motor pacing Her Ullrich who desperately needs to regain his fitness for Le Tour.

Lead group was Euan and Duncan, followed 5mins later by Darren, Lars and myself. Darren had been running yesterday, so after a couple of miles he decided to form a solo 3rd group. Lars and I caught the lead groupetto just before the Lamp on the last lap.

I allowed Lars to take the majority of the front work, when into the wind (he's about 6'4"), and he took it a bit easy to keep me on board. I began to get the impression that he had forgotten it was a race but just past the quarry entrance, when I thought I might still sneak it on the final sprint, he lifted the pace and dropped me going over the wee bump and finished clear by about 100m.

Well done on the turn out for the APR event. I too should have taken up the McKellar kind offer of a free chocolate egg rather than ride the 10 mile TT at Eggy Park - report later. :shock:

Hope you all enjoyed the day. ;-)

For all,,, I will be down at Georgetown on Tuesday at 6.30pm with the stop watch in hand ready for the foolhardy amongst us who wish to do the TT.