Glasgow - edinburgh

Stevie Blom

Myself Big Al and Celine came up with an idea to cycle in February some point over a weekend - Glasgow - Edinburgh - return sunday

The plan is to ride with paniers meeting at the Cycle track in glasgow which takes you on a pan flat route direct to Edinburgh.

there we are planning to stay the night at the Youth hostel followed by an evening in the edinburgh city. Oh ya dancer !

i have done this route before last year - at the halfway mark we could stop at the Falkirk Wheel for a brew.

If anybody would like to join in please let me know so we can arrange a weekend where everyone can go.

total miles from jonstone To edinburgh if i recall was roughly 70 miles - might be wrong but dont think its much more than that.

Once you are on the Cycle track departing Maryhill its exactly 56 miles to edinburgh.

Stevie

If you are starting out from Maryhill are you taking the canal tow path as this does go to Falkirk then you have to change onto the union canal to take you into Edinburgh

Having done this route it is not suitable for road bikes, the other option is the Sustrans route which is the old rail line from Airdrie to Bathgate (tarmac)and then though Livingstone