MERSE & MOORS 300 18TH APRIL 2015

MERSE & MOORS 300 18TH APRIL 2015

THIS STARTED IN MUSSLEBURGH AT 06.00 & WE HEADED UP THE A7 THEN TURNING ON TO THE B7007 TO INNERLEITHEN – WHICH WAS FIRST CHECK POINT QUICK SNACK AS THE NEXT SECTION WOULD TAKE US TO ELSDON IN ENGLAND VIA CARTER BAR AT 418M SO GOOD VIEW FROM HEAR THEN A NICE DESCENT TO ELSDON FOR SOME BEANS ON TOAST SOUP & TEA THIS WAS 88 MILES IN. THEN FROM THERE IT WAS WEST TO ALNWICK ITS IS A SHORT SECTION OF 23 MILES BUT THERE ARE SEVERAL STEEP & LONG CLIMBS ON THIS STAGE WHICH TOOK IT TOLL ON MY LEGS BUT AFTER SOME FOOD FROM GREGGS IN ALNWICK AND THE ROLLING ROADS UP TO COLDSTREAM SO THE LEGS RECOVER WELL. FROM COLDSTREAM TO DUNBAR  THE ROADS ARE ROLLING TILL YOU GET TO DUNNS & THEN THERE MORE LUMPY GETTING TO DUNBAR AS THE SUN START TO SET. ITS THEN THE DRAG RACE ALONG THE OLD A1 RENUMBERED THE A199 TO MUSSLEBURGH GETTING TO THE FINISH FOR 21.10 :icon_yes . THE RIDE WAS 196 MILES WITH 13700 FT OF CLIMBING SO I WAS PLEASED WITH MY DAY RUN. SECOND PBP QUALIFIER DONE NEXT IS 400KM STARTING FRIDAY 8TH MAY

CAMPBELL