Club Run Sunday 15th March

chung

• Life Members

The 3 Amigos of Alan Fox, Tam & myself set off this morning on a "revised" version of our proposed route.

We did manage to pick up a "lost" Velo in the shape of Big John Downes who was abandoned by his club mates so became our guest rider of the day :-) & then two more Wheelers of Campbell Hutcheson & Boyd joined us at the bridge swelling our Bunch to an impressive SIX! This only lasted a short while as Boyd was pushed for time and left us just going into Bonhill, it was good to catch up nonetheless!

Onto cycle route 7, then a decision was made to cut out the Pipe Track, Dryman and Aberfoyle as a few & myself was a bit time constrain, so turning right (instead of left) after Croftamie heading towards Killearn then Fintry to do our climb of the day. A steady ascent of the Crow Road from the Fintry side was followed by a swift descend into Lennoxtown for a welcome lunch break. It was a busy day on the Crow this morning, mostly heading to Fintry though!

Then a quick ride through Strathblane, through Milngarvie where I left the quartet to make my own way home via "leafy west end", hope the rest got back over the bridge ok and home without too much bother!

Thanks for a lovely run today and appreciate all for the wheels to follow! The weather & the scenery was first rate, summers coming for sure!

P.S My initial guess of the original route was a bit short, I think it would have been more than 85miles for sure! :-)

Cheers

Chung

My Sunday run

Was hoping to meet you wheelers in Aberfoyle for lunch but no sign but on reading your post know why.

Left Kilbarchan 6.45 and headed for Aberfoyle using the main roads as it was early and quiet with traffic via bridge and Balloch. Over the dukes pass and round to Callander and back to Aberfoyle. No sign so back to Drymen via the pipe track Croftamie to Jamestown and back 105 miles in and back to see the rugby.

Campbell

• Life Members

Apologies Campbell, for our last minute route decision :-(

Alan did say you were meant to be coming, we were wondering & now we know ;-)

Hope you had a good one, at least you didn't have to endure my constant moaning/complaint up the Crow.

Catch you next time

Cheers

Chung

Superb route.  I apologise to all for my rubbing mud guard (thanks Chung for sorting it) and poor group cycling etiquette (this due to mostly to concentrating on keeping up). I also thank you all for getting me round and helping with the puncture.  Hopefully I am not barred and see you all again soon:)

Kind regards

Tam