Sunday 13/07/14 Ayrshire Alps (the hairy-legs version)

Tony

Hello Folks

I'm planning to head down to Minishant on Sunday and do the ride that Paul McDonald and some others did last week, probably at a more sedate pace. Just wondering if anyone else would like to come along.

I'm now going to shamelessly plagiarise Paul's route:

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5266616

...and his joining instructions:

Parking point is on the B7045 about 3 miles south of Minishant. Take the left just after you exit Minishant signposted Straiton. Drive a couple of miles and there is gravel layby on left at the end of a rising long straight bit of road.

I'm familiar with about 90% of the route, my GPS will get me round the remainder (the Wallacetown to Old Dailly section).

I'm planning to be at the start point by 0815 for an 0830 start. This should hopefully see us back at Minishant for 1330, allowing for the usual amount of stoppage time. There won't be a cafe stop so bring some grub in your jersey pockets.

Post here if interested or phone/text me on 07896-153853. I have a towbar-mounted boot rack which can take 3 bikes - happy to offer a lift to others.

Thanks

Tony

Bill Thomson has been in touch to say he will be coming along. If it's just me and Bill we'll only be taking one car (obviously) so if anybody else is thinking of coming let me know, as this may decide who drives....Bill can only take 2 bikes...