Loch Ness Bike Ride

• Administrators

I hope you don’t mind me getting in touch, I came across your details on the Johnstone Wheelers CC website. 

I work  for the British Heart Foundation and we are organising a bike ride up by Loch Ness and I wondered if it would be of interest to you or any of your members?  More information below: 

BHF Loch Ness Bike Ride

Saturday 30 August 2014

50 mile or 70 mile routes

The Loch Ness Bike ride offers two amazing circular on-road routes, and the Scottish Highlands and legendary Loch Ness make a stunning backdrop for the challenging ascents as you make your way to the finish line.  The 70-mile route takes cyclists on a scenic but tough ride along quiet roads on the south side of the legendary Loch Ness to Fort Augustus before turning around and heading back to Inverness.  The 50-mile route also starts out from Inverness and offers a stunning circular ride around the south side of the Loch - yes there are a few less miles involved but it's still a challenging ride.  

Entry costs £30 and covers the cost of organising the event; so those who sign up are asked to join the fight for every heartbeat by raising a minimum of £75.  Fundraising will ensure the BHF can continue to invest in life-saving research.

More information about the event including the route map can be found on the event website.  I’ve also attached a leaflet about the event.

Would you be able to pass this on to any of your members you think it might be suitable for?  For info, it is not a closed road event but steers clear of the busy A82 which is on the North West side of Loch Ness.  In terms of participant numbers, we are hoping for 400 participants and are already a third of the way there. 

I do hope this is of interest.  If you have any questions please call me direct on 0131 561 3365. 

Hope you enjoyed the bank holiday weekend. 

Fiona

Fiona Kirkwood

Regional Events Officer

British Heart Foundation

Phone: 0131 561 3365

Mobile: 07825 674 464

Email: [email protected]

Please note: I work 3 days a week.

Join the fight for every heartbeat

People with heart problems can come in all shapes and sizes. Meet the baby who has a 50/50 chance of inheriting a heart condition from one of her parents and see how we’re fighting back with our ground-breaking research. To watch our TV ad and find out more visit bhf.org.uk/fight #jointhefight

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee. It (together

with any files transmitted with it) is private and confidential

and may contain legally privileged information. If you are

not the named addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit,

store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead please

contact [email protected] and remove it from your system. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate

to the official business of my organisation shall be understood as

neither given nor endorsed by it. All messages sent and received

by this organisation may be monitored as permitted by law.

BHF main switchboard number is 020 7554 0000

British Heart Foundation

A Company Limited by Guarantee

Registered in England and Wales

Registered Office:

Greater London House

180 Hampstead Road

London NW1 7AW

Company Registration Number 699547

British Heart Foundation is a registered charity in England and Wales (225971) and in Scotland (SC039426)

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan

service. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working

around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com