Main Bunch 21/07/2013

Guest George

• Life Members

I enjoyed the run greatly even though it was probably a bit too far, too soon for me after long absence from my wrist injury. 117 miles by the time I limped home.

Thanks to Richard & Hugh for dragging me round the run. I felt so sh*t at times I just wanted to turn back, but then there isn't much alternative route out of Arrochar. So I just held on to Hugh & Richard's relenting pace setting at the front.

The lunch stop in Struchar was most welcome & good to see Big Al again.

After the ferry and the "purposeful" pace into Bishopton, it basically finished me off, where upon I told the 2 to head off leaving me to enjoy my recovery with a chilled coke & basking in the sunshine. Having recovered slightly I headed towards home with a breezy head wind to deal with, not ideal!

I found out after wards that Hugh had a wee accident with a wee boy on a bike. I hope you're fine Hugh!

All in a great day out with good companion!

Also, just like to echo Richard's comment regarding the posting in these runs.

I think its only proper (respect to your fellow members & the run) that if you state your intention to come out then do so, especially if you're the one posting the initial run!

Maybe some sort of restrain or planning before posting is a good way to avoid peoples high hopes being dashed & make these runs less confusing to look at!

Cheers

Chung

• Members

Whatever happened, it's no' the end of the world and certainly not worth getting wound up over. I understand that people have other commitments and circumstances change during the week. I'm not getting at anyone in particular - we've all called off runs for one reason or another. It's just a bit of a bummer that so many people seem to have changed their minds about this one.

Not everyone did post up that they couldn't make it, George, and some of the posts came so late that I was in my bed! I didn't read them till I got back on Sunday afternoon. Like I say, everyone's changed their minds about going on a run at some point, whether that be because of family commitments, the weather, a hangover... The annoying thing here was that it happened en masse. With the three of us standing at the bridge on Sunday morning, we were already committed to the route and Al was expecting us in Strachur. Had we known there were only going to be three of us, we might have chosen to go somewhere else or to go with Ian McGinty on the Saturday. That's all.