TDF 2005 route published

Scott D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 958427.stm

"Despite a tough stage to Courchevel, in which the peloton will tackle the Cornet de Roselend climb that ended Miguel Indurain's reign in 1996, the Alps stages look less gruelling with two valley finishes, in Briancon and Digne.

The Briancon stage will, however, include the famous Galibier and Madeleines passes. "

Brings back happy memories of the cafe above the Roselend dam 2 years ago and the trip up the Galibier last year, eh Stevie? Something to smile about while out in freezing cold this weekend 8-)

Scott

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was reminded of that by one of the fresh content links at the top of the website front page... but its not fresh content, that was published october last year !

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

• 2024 Subscriptions

doh!!

We'll be staying on the Tourmalet (Bareges) so that's something to smile about 8-)8-):grin::grin:Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Scott remember it well in 43 degree heat the warmest day in france that year even the hair pin bends caught fire!!!!(mind that on t.v. that night?)

How i managed to get by with my 15 stone i will never know.

Anyway one memory that i have on that climb is the gruelling descent!!!!!!!!!

Following Mark Whiteheads wheel down many hairpin bends and suddenly this next bend was a bit defferent , it had a large rock face sticking out the line of the bend which meant you could not see the other side so i was following the bend but unknown to me the rd swung inwards a further 90 % turn :angryfire:oops:

How i manged to stay on the bike?????? im still sure that god stretched out the rd by a further 10 cm's for me.

Those Michelen Pro Race Rubbers are the best in town!

They kept me on the bike and just managed to glue to the rd.

Think about it folks hammering down a col at 55mph then you face a last second turn - my face was like a ghost when i got the bottom and i could see the Point where i could have fallen from which must have been about 1000 m at least.

Must say after that descent every other one was taken very slowly and sensibly.

so the result of this is that i am know a born again christian!

GAAAAAAD bless Michelin pro race!

Dougie -

Can you explain how you got on through that tunnel at the bottom of the Col du Galibier??? - now thats another tale that makes the heart rate go above maximum.

Stevie B.

Not being an expert on the tour route but it looks like The organisers have

made it easier for Lance Armstrong Competitors to get closer at him as we have hardly any mountain top finishes or individual time trials.

Anyone else have a view?

Stevie B.