Busy Weekend in TT Land

Iain Cowden

2 events this week-end.

Saturday Ian Walls 10 Mile TT, Westferry

Won by Ben Peacock in the fantastic time of 19:43 from Iain Grant in 19:56 - Ben successfully defending his title from last year.

Mike Ferguson continued his impressive form, equalling his PB in 22:56. I was a bit off mine at 23:55. Conditions were generally favourable, tho' a bit cold and wet for the early starters.

Today saw Mike, Kenny Christie and I have a go at the SVTTA Pinky Williams 30 Mile TT on a horseshoe course from Doune/Stilrling/Kippen and return.

Plaudits again got to Mike who showed us both a clean pair of heels, finishing in 1:16:06 and 18th from 38 finishers. Kenny, still to get much cycling in post holiday, was 21st in 1:20:04 from me at 23rd in 1:20:09. Another really consistent performance from Mike. I was his minute man, which gave us both added interest and a laugh! I managed to hold him off until the turn, but paid the inevitable price on the return leg!

Conditions were fairly brutal - cold and really heavy crosswinds but thankfully dry. On the section from Stirling out to Kippen (maybe 7 miles?) I could only average about 21mph whilst on the return stretch it was about 27mph. Overall my average speed was slightly less than in the recent 50TT and on a flatter course too.

The event was won by Silas Goldsworthy of Sandy Wallace Cycles, in a remarkable 1:03:59 - fair play given the conditions.

Iain