Kenny MacDonald banned !!!

Toe clips and straps

Following several complaints to the UCI , Kenny MacDonald has been banned from riding with the Saturday bunch for a period of 3 months.He also incured a 10 euro fine from the governing body.

He was charged with bringing the normaly sedate bunch into a state of exhaustion.

Peter Bennell , Peter Abraham , Neil Mcdougall and Aileen Mcglynn all signed the complaint stating that they were coerced into climbing hills of the Hors category , without the use of triple rings.

In his defence MacDonald stated :- I thought that this was a normal sedate Saturday run, and cannot see what all the fuss is about.

His ban starts from next Saturday so it should be safe for riders to turn up at Bird in Hand , without having to bring a triple ring.

ps In my day we didnt have any gears , a 68 fixed was good enough to get up any hills !!!

Guest fatblokeonbike
Following several complaints to the UCI , Kenny MacDonald has been banned from riding with the Saturday bunch for a period of 3 months.He also incured a 10 euro fine from the governing body.

He was charged with bringing the normaly sedate bunch into a state of exhaustion.

Peter Bennell , Peter Abraham , Neil Mcdougall and Aileen Mcglynn all signed the complaint stating that they were coerced into climbing hills of the Hors category , without the use of triple rings.

In his defence MacDonald stated :- I thought that this was a normal sedate Saturday run, and cannot see what all the fuss is about.

His ban starts from next Saturday so it should be safe for riders to turn up at Bird in Hand , without having to bring a triple ring.

ps In my day we didnt have any gears , a 68 fixed was good enough to get up any hills !!!

First sensible thing that's happened all year.... (moan, moan, grumble, grumble....) What happens to the 10 Euro, is what I want to know (moan, moan, grumble, grumble....)

I feel that I must write in defence of El Presidenti.

The day started as usual at the Bird with everyone trotting out their excuses for why they would not be riding well that day - mine was that I had been suffering from a pain in the neck (Judi says that I have always been so what's new!) and had been off the bike(and off work for the whole of the TdF!), Neil- Polka Dot- Mcdougall,it was the only top that was clean (he was to suffer horribly later!) and of course Kenny, who was still suffering form a VIRAL DISORDER and would of course be taking it easy.

Everything was well as we set off for deepest Renfrewshire and the rolling hills around Houston and Kilmacolm.

At this point something changed and I am sure that we must have moved into some strange Doctor Who type time warp - certainly we went into light speed and the countryside consisted of continuous hors category climbs with no apparent descents. Whilst Kenny still outwardly looked the same ie. I,m off form and my bikes broke (I've only got 56x11working!) his alter ego of Obergruppenfurher Jan McArmrich seemed to take over and he was frequently heard to mutter the likes of "kein gewin ohne scharz" and "scottische stiefmutterchen"(I'll leave you to work them out) - he won every prime and every hill climb(of course only he knew where they were) and left us all grovelling.

Perhaps its was Neils polka dot jersey that had inspired him, but as was only a short run we apparently went for "quality" - if you know what I mean- the Spanish Inquisition would have been like a summer picnic by comparison.

Anyway, I think that we all survived,(except perhaps Rickhard McVirenque who was last seen walking up a 1in3!) and I'm sure that Kenny has now been released from the phasor beam that temporarily kidnapped him, so I hope that my explanation will be taken into account next time the ICI meets and clemency will prevail.

It's nice to know that nothing has changed while I have been away!

Guest fatblokeonbike

Mmmm.... "Obergruppenfurher". And "kein gewin ohne scharz" and "scottische stiefmutterchen"...

Prize of a 2p Dooleys voucher awaits the best / most scurrilous name for El Presidente in that never-ending German style, or school Latin even - "barstardum nil carborundum" sort'v stuff.

Shouldnt he be called "Mussolini" after all he's a fat dictator.

:wink: How come he always gets to pick the route?

In my day the club captain picked the route and controlled the bunch, if you dared pass him you got severe grief :evil:

Wait ah minute , isnt that what this Macdonald guy is trying to do :shock:

I notice he wasnt out today with the real men :wink: