30 milers ?

GreigS

• 2023 Subscriptions

HI Grieg, I would be interested in the option of a 30 mile type run, as sometimes a shorter run with a cafe stop is welcome plus any newbies may be put off by the longer runs. Is anyone else thinking along similar lines? Carol Mad mouser

Folks

for local rides I think we can and should leave Miller St as a single group. There isn't that much variation in fitness and when it comes to distance, I think latterly the 30-milers and intermediate group were doing pretty much the same thing anyway. I know there is usually a difference of opinion about cafe stops but that needn't be a problem - if some people are really keen to stop for a coffee we can have a split on the road to accomodate that. There are enough cafes around Renfrewshire/Inverclyde/Ayrshire to ensure that we will usually be passing within a few miles of one anyway.

For the "awaydays" that have been proposed it's obviously a bit different - it's inevitable that these won't suit everybody - due to lack of time, for example. So if you want to organise a shorter alternative run, on local roads, that's fine - I might join you if available.

Thanks

Tony

Greig

I find on recent Sunday runs we have been averaging 13-14mph over the whole route. It is a pace most people can manage. Personally I am happy to ride slower if necessary as I am not training for anything and therefore not bothered about keeping to a certain pace (as long as I get home at a reasonable time).

When it comes to "beginners" - I think you just need to play it by ear. People are usually fitter than they think they are.

Thanks

Tony