Info for Summer tires

Jodyc

Hello Folks,

I am looking for info opinions on some tires for the summer. I have Michelin pro race 2's on the bike just now and I was pretty happy with them but after a couple of years they are starting to crack. I liked these because in the last 2 years I didnt have a single puncture.

On the other hand I renewed the tyres on my other bike with Michelin pro race 3's and had to take them back off and replace due to getting punctures everytime I left the house.

Looking for any info on what tires are recommended, not looking to break the bank as we have found out we are expecting our first baby in October Oh ya dancer ! so money is being saved.

Thanks for reading

Jody

• Life Members

Congratulations on the news of expecting your first child, Jody! Hello, beer !!

The Michelin Pro Race 2 & 3 are extremely good light racing tyres for summer rides as you know.

Did you use the Pro Race 3 on your winter bike? If so, maybe thats why you get a few punctures.

If not then it could be something else like tyre pressure, always check your tyre pressure and have then pumped to the recommended pressure, a good track pump is very useful in this situation. Or it could be a manufacturer fault as well.

I've used Pro Race 2 in the past and have been really impress with the ride quality & durability with it, so I presume Race 3 & even newer Race 4 would be even better.

If you are in the market for some new summer tyres, I can suggest some lovely Vittorias Open Corsa CX clinchers for your summer riding.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-open-c ... cher-tyre/

These are really supple & low rolling resistance tyres that you'll enjoy riding in. These are quite soft tyres, so therefore don't last you a very long time. But it should be ok as its only for summer good weather use.

I run the tub version of these, and are so satisfied for the 2 seasons that I've used them.

Hopefully that helps!

Happy Shopping

Cheers

Chung

Well said Richie

Tyres

GP and winter vitoria pave expensive but one tyre in two years.

Racing Attack and Force chili compound, Summer pro race 2, or 3

Commuting Kysryum carbon