New kid on the block

seanhjl

How do!

I am a bit new to this cycling malarkey and tbh some of the posts from the other 'newbies' scare me!!

I did some cycling last year but the bike hasn't seen daylight this year!!However, manning up and getting on with it i was thinking of tagging along with the 30 milers tomorrow (or at least attempting to)

Do I just turn up at Miller St??

Cheers

You should be fine in the bunch. No pressure to do a turn on the front and you won't be left behind.

As you previously asked, just meet at Miller Street. Probs get there 5 mins early.

Depending where you live, most cycle but a few take the bikes in the car to the clubrooms (obviously need more than 5 mins)!

Oh..don't be put off by the lack of 'welcome alongs'

Good bunch really :grin:

Many thanks, hope to come along but maybe I shouldn't have looked at the route, the Bowfield hill may well finish me off before we're 5 miles in :shock:

Can't hurt to try it!!

Oops and should have said it's Susan (Mrs seanhjl) coming along :-)

Cu in the morning!

Susan (Mrs seanhjl),

Welcome aboard! I often refer to myself as a newbie, as last year I was indeed a newbie to the club cycling but not necessarily cycling itself. Don't let the ramblings of all and sundry on the other threads put you off dipping your toe in, you'll soon learn who's who and what's what. Best place to start is the 30 Milers, based on what you were doing last year you'll fit in just fine.

Don't worry about the years either you find that we're all big kids at heart - some more than others! As for the Bowfield, when you look about you and see the faces of those climbing with you its nice to know your not alone and they're working too.

Enjoy the run

Mark O