Police out in force on bike path

Peter Abraham

Yesterday, coming back from job hunting I was pulled up on the Bike path junction in Elderslie and asked a lot of questions. The said somebody of my description looked suspicious (I presumed that it was becuase nobody could understand why anybody would want to cycle in the weather yesterday, suppose they would of had a point).

Today the CID came to my door and asked more questions. When they were about to leave I asked what it was about and it turns out that there has been people out recently playing chicken with inoccent cyclists.

They asked me if I new anybody called something Millar from a "GLENMARNOCK Wheelers". I asked them if the meant Glengarnock but they said no GlenMarnock. This club exist?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Members

Only Millar from Glenmarnock that I know is "the Robert Millar"

But sureit wouldnt be him :shock:

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

Only Millar from Glenmarnock that I know is "the Robert Millar"

But sureit wouldnt be him

Perhaps it was

Wee Davy from kilMARNOCK

James from GlengARNOCK

Big George from kilMARNOCK

We Davy from couriersNOCK

Big Davy from biaritzNock

sounds serious if the CID (Chicken Investigation Department) came to your door peter. I know that yellow feathered costume you like to wear matches the club colours, but you really need to get the club kit :roll:

I would ignore the plods attempts to pin more gossip on Robert Millar. Leave the poor guy alone I say !

Scott

• Members

On a slightly more serious note , I fear this goes back to last year when a guy wearing a Glenmarnock jersey was frequenting the track taking video footage of kids & himself . Wont go into any more detail but hope its not a related incident.

Maybe one of our boys in blue can give us an update.

sounds serious if the CID (Chicken Investigation Department) came to your door peter. I know that yellow feathered costume you like to wear matches the club colours, but you really need to get the club kit :roll:

I would ignore the plods attempts to pin more gossip on Robert Millar. Leave the poor guy alone I say !

Scott

The feathered costum stays. Only chicks I attract now that my girlfriend banned me from the farms :-(

Strange thing about this is that my young Brother-in-Law had to give a statement to the police earlier this year as there was a guy hanging about Darnley with a red,black & yellow cycling jersey which would fit in with the Glenmarnock colours who was trying to video a couple of young girls at a swing park.

I think this was round about June or July.

About 15 years ago I was cycle touring in Italy and we decided to camp beside a factory on some rough ground...the guard dog barked and barked and we joked about it.. we gave no more thought to the matter..

Suddenly on coming out of the tent we were faced with 3 Carabinieri, one of whom was pointing his sub machine gun from the hip at us.....with the usual luck it was the village idiot with the gun.. you know..bit skelly eyed..slack jawed etc..a bit scary really..the chief (probably his uncle who got him the job) was very stern with us we persuaded him we weren't "Cycle -Terrorist but cycle tourists and promised to leave asap in the morning..

He reluctantly agreed after much pigeon Italian (us), Latin machismo (him) and slacked jawed staring from person to person while pointing a nasty muzzle at us (the dim nephew)... still I have to say there was definitely nobody wearing Glenmarnock colours........

SS

:shock: hope I'm not a suspect as a pervert. Hard enough to get a IT job in Scotland without that hanging over my record. If suspects are kept in the records.

My Gitrlfriend was saying that a guy parked his van somewhere and cycled in cycle gear to the primary school in beath and took video shots of kids. this was last year and as far as she knows he's never been cuaght. Hope he's cuaght soon.