Sportive 27th Perth - 100 miles

Had a good run on the sportive yesterday managing to get round in 1 minute over my target of 6 hours.

Goerge had to pull out on Friday as his knee was swollen from our Wednesday training run so it was just me and Brian H.

Brian was suffering from a chest infection earlier in the week so after 10 miles we agreed that I should go on ahead. He got round in 7 hours.

It started at Perth airport and went through Dunkeld, Aberfeldy, Pitlochry and Blairgowrie. There were two main climbs which were not steep but long - like Crow Road but several mile longer!

As there was only about 200 doing the long course it meant spending a lot of time on my own admiring the beautiful purple heather!

Managed to hook up with someone for the last 20 miles and got a tow home. He was riding a 'fixie'! - how mad is that on that type of course!

Paul

Paul, chapeau (or whatever they say) a very good time on that course.

Can I just point out that my physio diagnosed me with "domestique knee"- too much towing you round on Wednesday. Glad to see that me making you work harder then normal has

taken your speed up a level though. :lol:

Our swords will cross again.

Paul, if you are intent on getting your speed up then I am more than happy to let you do

some speed work sessions while sat on my wheel. :-?

John of Fereneze-that comment was ill judged bravado which you will pay for on our next

outing. Consider the gauntlet thrown down, sirrah.

GRRRR. :angryfire