newbie and midweek beginner rides

Hey guys,

I have recently just bought my first road bike, after a long spell competing in xc and downhill mountainbiking i thought i would give road riding a shot. I feel im almost a legitimate road cyclist, i have even shaved my legs and got into a shouting match with a white van man who almost took me out :angryfire

I reckon all i need to do now is get out on a group ride as part of a bunch unfortunately due to my work weekend club runs are pretty much off the cards, just wondering if anybody goes out for a midweek run for beginners, im reasonably fit after my time in mountainbiking but not quite used to the huge distances you guys cover yet...

any help suggestions appreciated

take it easy,

Craig

Hi Craig.

Welcome along!!

If you keep an eye on the club runs section, there are folk who can get out during the week so it would be no problem for you to go along.

If evenings are possible, on a Tues night there is a time trial and Thurs you have the chaingang.

You can see info for those in the confined events section.

You'll need to get a Sunday off now and again....the Sunday bunch is the place to be!!! 8-)

Where are you based?

Hope to see you soon Hello, beer !!

Craig,

I'm afraid all Sunday runs start at 9 or 9:15. Some runs are long (70 - 80 miles) so the early start ensures we are back before dark! ALso allows for a cafe stop - some riders love their latte and cake break

The Thursday run is a brisk pace and is for those training for racing.

I am quite fit but struggle to keep up.

Paul

Craig

The Thursday night is not just for racers in fact few of the racers take part it is however a higher intensity run along the west ferry recovery climb up the clune then increasing pace through to the end

The more shots on the front the harder the ride but is all about your own improvement so don't dismiss it give it a try miss your turns at the front and see how you get on after all I manage to hang on most of the time