Pace clarification.

lancelogan

I've noticed a few posts relating to club runs recently with folk saying they can't keep this pace or that pace and I think the talk about pace is a bit of a grey area.

Phrases like "brisk pace" or "moderate pace" may be totally different between riders. I just think it would be a good idea from now on if folks put an estimated average/maximum speed in with club run suggestions.

I can manage upto about 22-23mph in a bunch relatively comfy any higher and I tend to miss a turn at the front.

I think it's a good idea considering the amount of new members.

Like George uphill slow downhill no corners fast with corners sore usually the pace would be 18 to 20 with some faster and slower bits depending on wind.

The point is if you are knackerd just sit in and recover somebody will take a shot at the front that's what I do I only come out the bunch for the sprints

Mark,

My translation below:

Moderate pace = generally the pace of the slowest rider, or an acceptance that the slowest rider/s can sit in with the bunch while traveling at a pace to allow it to stay together and regrouing at the top of the hills;

Brisk Pace = Hang on as long as you can (miss turns if required) and whilst not stoping at top of hills maybe slowing a little to allow gradual regrouping (meaning last one up has to push to catch up and may well get dropped after a period of time - good training none the less)

Just my thoughts :roll:

Colin Hello, beer !!